What is ALS Awareness Month?
ALS Awareness Month, recognized globally each May, is an opportunity to share information with your community about Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), a fatal neurodegenerative disease, and the unmatched work of the Les Turner ALS Foundation. We invite you, your passion and commitment to a cure, to join us as we spread the message of hope and help for people living with ALS. Above all, ALS Awareness Month is a way for community members to rally around people living with ALS and their families and spread awareness.
This ALS Awareness Month, we are launching our Take a Breath Campaign. To honor and recognize the resiliency of people with ALS, for whom breathing is a daily challenge, we invite you to raise awareness and funds during the month of May. You can partake in Tag Days, our annual awareness month fundraising drive, virtually or in-person, or in an activity or hobby of your choosing like biking, drawing or meditation to honor or remember your loved one with ALS.
The Foundation staff will be here every step of the way with tips, tools and coaching. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Together, we will spread the message of hope and help.
How to spread ALS Awareness and participate in the Take a Breath campaign:
- Host your own Take a Breath fundraiser with Fundraise Your Way - choose the Awareness Month Participant option
- Submit a 30 second video to firstname.lastname@example.org showcasing your fundraiser or activity and why you Take a Breath!
- Engage with us on social media using #TakeABreath! Share, comment, like, retweet and favorite Foundation posts on social media
- Save the Date: May ALS Learning Series Webinar
Share this Page
ALS Awareness Month Tools & Resources:
Did You Know?
- The lifetime risk of developing ALS is just 1 in 300.
- 90-95% of ALS cases are sporadic, meaning there is no family history of the disease.
"Although I cannot conduct research in the labs at Northwestern Medicine or provide care at the Lois Insolia ALS Clinic, what I CAN do, just like we ALL CAN, is spread awareness about ALS."
-- Cindy, daughter of person living with ALS
Thank you to our ALS Awareness Month Sponsors