What is ALS Awareness Month?
ALS Awareness Month, recognized globally each May, is an opportunity to share information with your community about Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), a fatal neurodegenerative disease, and the unmatched work of the Les Turner ALS Foundation. We invite you, your passion and commitment to a cure, to join us as we spread the message of hope and help for people living with ALS. Above all, ALS Awareness Month is a way for community members to rally around people living with ALS and their families and spread awareness.
Together, we will spread the message of hope and help.
ALS Awareness Month Tools & Resources:
Social Media Graphics:
See how you can support ALS Awareness Month:
ALS Awareness Advocate: You be can the face of the Foundation and the voice of people living with ALS. We will provide you Awareness Kits containing the necessary tools to engage your friends, family and peers. This role requires little time, minimal effort and no fundraising component, but makes a monumental impact on the ALS community. Contact email@example.com to learn more and request your Awareness Kit today!
Support Tag Days: Lookout for ALS Awareness Advocates in yellow vests with donation jugs! Support communities around the Chicagoland area as they take to the streets to spread awareness about ALS and raise funds for research and care.
Did You Know
- Every 90 minutes someone in the U.S is diagnosed with ALS, and every 90 minutes someone with ALS dies. That’s 112 people per week.
- ALS is 100% fatal. There is no known cure for ALS and once diagnosed, people typically live three to five years.
- The Les Turner ALS Foundation is the leader in comprehensive ALS care in Chicagoland.
“Although I cannot conduct research in the labs at Northwestern Medicine or provide care at the Lois Insolia ALS Clinic, what I CAN do, just like we ALL CAN, is spread awareness about ALS.”
— Cindy, daughter of person living with ALS
How to spread ALS Awareness all year:
- Invite friends and family to attend Foundation events
- Host your own fundraiser with Fundraise Your Way
- Engage with us on social media! Share, comment, like, retweet and favorite Foundation posts on social media
Share this Page