Connection. Support. And the best resources the ALS community has to offer.
The safety of our Les Turner ALS family, especially those living with ALS, is our top priority. People living with ALS are at an increased risk of respiratory problems associated with viral and bacterial infections.
Due to the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak we have suspended all in-person Les Turner ALS Foundation support service visits from our nurses and social workers and all in-person support groups until further notice. For more information, please visit our webpage here.
ALS poses steep obstacles -- and sometimes the road can feel lonely. The Les Turner ALS Foundation support services were designed to make things a little easier -- offering community, comfort and tangible resources for people living with ALS and their loved ones. A cure still eludes us -- but help is within reach. Our services include:
- The Lois Insolia ALS Clinic at the Les Turner ALS Center at Northwestern Medicine;
- Our Support Services Team, which includes six ALS Support Services Coordinators (nurses and social workers);
- Support groups and other meetings led by experienced professionals;
- Loan banks for communication and medical equipment;
- Walter Boughton Foundation Support Services Grants;
- Dan Nelson ALS Respite Grant Fund;
- Stuart Rosen ALS Transportation Fund;
- Jill and Dennis Smith ALS Education and Awareness Fund;
- ALS resource guide;
- Educational videos and programs;
- Personal support and referral, via telephone and email.
Recently diagnosed with ALS?
Share this Page